1. Introduction - Purpose
IMEC vzw, registered in Belgium under the number of legal entities 0425.260.668, with its registered office at Kapeldreef 75, B-3001 Leuven, Belgium ("imec", "we", or "our") has developed the Webapp that can serve as a virtual fab and is based on model data and the modelled technologies. It enables a quantified view of the environmental impact of Integrated Circuit (IC) high-volume manufacturing for various technologies. With this Webapp imec wants to help identify and classify high-impact environmental challenges in the industry. It’s one of the objectives of the Sustainable Semiconductor Technologies and Systems (SSTS) program, which sets out to assess, improve and disrupt fab processes to reduce their environmental impact.
The Webapp is available in two versions:
- imec.netzero Public - The present Webapp is currently made available free of charge and offers a User the ability to get more insight into the environmental impact of Integrated Circuits (IC) manufacturing by providing high level information. The Webapp exploits fab models and process databases in a limited configuration in available technologies, in modelling parameters and in the granularity with which the results can be explored and disaggregated.
- imec.netzero Private - It models a wide range of IC chip technologies, including future ones that are future ones that are not yet in production but still in pathfinding stage. It gives the users many options to parameterize the virtual fab models and fine-tune them to their constraints. The results can be explored up to a high level of granularity, helping identify and study process components with high impact.
3. Access and Use of the Webapp
3.2. Webapp and User informationAfter a successful registration, User has access to the Webapp and its related content and may fill in information in the respective fields and is able to copy and/or download an image. User may only upload and/or share information which User is allowed to from a legal, contractual and ethical point of view. Any information User uploads to the Webapp will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. User can save settings to be used in the analysis. The analysis settings in the User account are only stored locally in the User browser and any such User information are not tracked by imec.
4. Intellectual property rights
Imec holds the rights of all intellectual property rights, whether or not registered, in all material contained on, in, or available through the Webapp including all information, data, methodologies, company names; product names; images and graphics; design; layout; strategies technology, trade secrets, know-how, texts, graphics and/or data, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software (whether in source code or object code), software compilations and other material ("Material"). All rights are reserved.
5. Mandatory acknowledgement
User must give a proper credit while using any generated graphics/data in full or as excerpts, as follows:
- "Images partially or entirely generated using imec.netzero Public (https://netzero.imec-int.com)."
6. Restrictions and responsibilities
- Use the Webapp in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement, or post content which may be considered as discriminatory, vindictive, threatening, deceptive, libelous, threatening or offensive; or
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Webapp or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Webapp; or
7. Disclaimer - Limitation of liability – no guarantee
This Webapp and all materials offered are available on an 'AS IS' basis and without warranties nor guarantee being provided. Use of the Webapp and any conclusions, interpretations and/or assumptions are at the sole responsibility of User.
IMEC EXPLICITLY EMPHASIZES THAT THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A GENERAL STANDARD AND CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD AS A RECOMMENDATION MADE BY ANY INDIVIDUAL IMEC PARTNER NOR BY THE SEMICONDUCTOR INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE. THE INFORMATION IS NOT ADAPTED TO PERSONAL OR SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE CONSIDERED AS PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL OR LEGAL ADVICE. USE OF THE WEBAPP AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN IS THEREFORE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
IMEC cannot exclude the possibility of incorrect technical manoeuvrers or unauthorized interventions. For these reasons, IMEC cannot guarantee that access to the Webapp will not be interrupted or otherwise hindered by such problems.
However, IMEC can under no circumstances be held liable for direct or indirect damages resulting from the use of this Webapp or any information derived or exported as a result of the use of the Webapp.
8. Protection of your Personal Data
IMEC respects your privacy. The limited amount of Personal Data that a User (if any) enters on the Webapp (namely an email address that might contain surname and first name) are treated confidentially. User information will not be used for marketing purposes.
For questions/complaints or more information on how imec processes Personal Data, please read our Privacy Statement here.
9. Suspension - Termination
IMEC reserves the right to suspend or cease providing any activity relating to the Webapp published by it, with or without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to User in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
IMEC may terminate the use of the Webapp at any time. Upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to User herein shall terminate: (b) User must cease all use of the Webapp.
No link may be created from any website which may harm imec or the Webapp. This means websites that are in conflict with the legislation, websites with unethical content, or any other non-moral webpage content.
This ban applies to any form or technique of connection in which the name, address or any other element pertaining to imec, is included or shown on another website or application that harms the Webapp or which refers internet users from this website or application to the Webapp.
IMEC is not liable for any possible damage for hyperlinks to the Webapp originating from other applications or websites allowing direct access to the Webapp.
11. IMEC Contact details
If User wishes to receive further information or wish to submit comments, User can contact imec by email: email@example.com.
12. Applicable law and jurisdiction
* * * * *